Wednesday, March 4, 2015

fresh air




After morning chores today, I took a little walk with my camera in hand. It was a foggy, snowy, gray morning and it was a bit sloppy out there, having gotten some rain all evening yesterday. Even my poor alpacas were a bit soggy. But it had snowed more this morning, laying down a clean white layer of snow.

We're in sore need of groceries, so hopefully it clears up a bit so we can venture out to the store. But for now, we're tucked in warm at home, the kids doing their independent school work and me getting ready to get the laundry rolling. There's plenty to be done, that's for sure! And we won't even talk about the sorry state of our entryway and kitchen floors, those being the floors that get the most traffic as people come into the house. Oh, the mud and straw and dirt. And there are boots and mittens everywhere. I try not to get too stressed out about it although it does get under my skin a bit. But until winter is over, there's nothing else to do but accept it the way it is.

I posted the giveaway winner in this post. Be sure to go there to see if you won!

5 comments:

Wendi said...

I mopped the kitchen one evening after dinner. I thought that way it would at least look decent through the evening and first thing in the morning. Even with wiping off our feet and kicking the shoes off as soon as we step in the door it is difficult to keep it clean. Thoughts of spring keep popping into my thoughts, but I don't want to wish my life away.

Rachel E. said...

Absolutely beautiful! Nothing as beautiful as fresh snow on the ground and in the trees.

But spring is awesome too.

And fall.

And summer.

Ha, ha, ha...

Heather said...

Oh, Amber! Don't even get me started at the constant mess of winter on the entryway floors. Boots, gloves, hats. Melted snow, dirty melted snow, and the white marks the ice salt leaves. It stresses me out too! You're not alone there.

But I loved this post with all your winter wonderland photos. And I LOOOVE YOUR ALPACAS! More alpaca photos, please!

Cheers,
Heather

Pam said...

Beautiful pictures.

Lilac Cottage Homestead said...

Thank you so much for taking us along on your walk!! Beautiful pictures!!

Kelly